For the 2014 Rattle Poetry Prize
Winners Will Be Announced September 15th
1) The entry fee is a one-year subscription to Rattle (or a one-year extension for subscribers) at our regular $20 rate. Prior to May 1st, new subscriptions will start with the Summer 2014 issue, arriving June 1st. After May 1st, new subscriptions will start with the Fall 2014 issue, arriving September 1st. Current subscribers will receive a one-year extension.
2) One $5,000 Winner and ten $100 Finalists will be selected in a blind review by the editors of Rattle and printed in the Winter 2014 issue; one $1,000 Readers’ Choice Award will then be chosen from among the Finalists by subscriber and entrant vote.
3) Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (no translations). Rattle‘s winter issue must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but we must be notified immediately by phone or email if any poems are accepted elsewhere.
4) The first page of your packet or file must be a cover sheet: Type or print clearly your name, address, email address, phone number, and the titles of the poems onto the first page. Include the poems themselves (with titles) on subsequent pages, with each poem beginning a new page. No identifying personal information should appear on any pages with poems.
5) Entry fees are non-refundable. Send up to four poems per entry. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover sheet and an additional $20 fee. Each additional entry will add an extra year to your subscription.
6) Manuscripts will not be returned; include a SASE or email address if you’d like to be notified of the results. Winners will be announced no later than September 15, 2014, and the Readers’ Choice Award Winner will be announced February 15, 2015. Additional entries may also be offered standard publication.
7) Entries may be submitted by email, Submittable, or in hardcopy within the United States. International entries must be submitted by email or Submittable.
(CHOOSE ONLY ONE!)
If submitting through Submittable, pay there!
If submitting by email, use PayPal as indicated!
(DO NOT PAY TWICE!)
Submitting via Submittable
Follow this link to our Submittable contest page and purchase your subscription and upload your file through that system.
July 15, 2014
Submitting via Email
If you’d like to submit by email (and not Submittable), first purchase a subscription via credit card through PayPal. You may submit up to four poems per entry, so unless you’re planning on submitting more than one entry of four poems, be sure to purchase only one subscription/entry for $20 total.
IMPORTANT: If the name, address, or email address on the subscription order are different from any of those on the entry, please explain under “Instructions to Seller” at checkout.
|Subscription & Entry Fee
After purchasing the subscription online, send an email to:
Write your name and “Contest Entry” in the subject line. (Be sure that your name matches the name on the order; it it doesn’t, please explain.) Attach one file, that includes the cover sheet and all of the poems you’re submitting in a single document. Do not attach more than one file. Only .TXT, .RTF, .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF extensions will be opened. You will receive an auto-response immediately to let you know that your submission was received—if there are any problems with the file or process we will let you know within a week or two. Also please note that if you send multiple entries, you’ll only receive the auto-reply for the first.
July 15, 2014
Submitting via Hardcopy
U.S. entries only! Include a check or money order for $20, payable to Rattle, and send entries to:
12411 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
July 15, 2014