For the 2015 Rattle Poetry Prize
1) The entry fee is a one-year subscription to Rattle (or a one-year extension for subscribers) at our regular $20 rate. Prior to May 1st, new subscriptions will start with the Summer 2015 issue, arriving June 1st. After May 1st, new subscriptions will start with the Fall 2015 issue, arriving September 1st. Current subscribers will receive a one-year extension.
2) One $10,000 Winner and ten $200 Finalists will be selected in a blind review by the editors of Rattle and printed in the Winter 2015 issue; one $2,000 Readers’ Choice Award will then be chosen from among the Finalists by subscriber and entrant vote.
3) Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (no translations). Rattle‘s winter issue must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but we must be notified immediately by phone or email if any poems are accepted elsewhere.
4) The first page of your packet or file must be a cover sheet: Type or print clearly your name, address, email address, phone number, and the titles of the poems onto the first page. Include the poems themselves (with titles) on subsequent pages, with each poem beginning a new page. No identifying personal information should appear on any pages with poems.
5) Entry fees are non-refundable. Send up to four poems per entry. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover sheet and an additional $20 fee. Each additional entry will add an extra year to your subscription.
6) Manuscripts will not be returned; include a SASE or email address if you’d like to be notified of the results. Winners will be announced no later than September 15, 2015, and the Readers’ Choice Award Winner will be announced February 15, 2016. Additional entries may also be offered standard publication.
7) Entries may be submitted by Submittable, or in hardcopy within the United States. International entries must be submitted by Submittable. Please note that we’re no longer accepting email entries—all electronic entries must come through Submittable.
(CHOOSE ONLY ONE!)
Submitting via Submittable
Click this link to our Submittable contest page and purchase your subscription and upload your file through that system:
July 15, 2015
Submitting via Hardcopy
U.S. entries only! Include a check or money order for $20, payable to Rattle, and send entries to:
12411 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
July 15, 2015