1) Poems may be submitted by the poet, or by the poet’s parent/legal guardian, or teacher. Teachers may select at most five students per year and submit on their behalf (in a single submission), with the assurance to us that you will be able to help us get a parent’s signed permission prior to publication. Please remember that we will be choosing up to 50 poems from thousands submitted—try not to get anyone’s hopes up prematurely.
2) The author of the poem must have been age 16 or younger when the poem was written, and 18 or younger when submitted.
3) The poets may use their whole name, first name, or a pseudonym at their parents’ discretion. We will not publish any contact information.
4) Submit up to five poems at a time, in one file through the Submittable button below.
5) Upon acceptance, a parent or legal guardian must sign a release allowing us to publish the poem.
6) All contributors receive two complimentary copies of the print anthology. Parents and family members may purchase additional copies at our cost to print/ship.
7) Only submissions through Submittable will be accepted. Include the parent/guardian’s name and mailing address, and the child’s age when the poems were written somewhere within the document. Click this button to submit:
Deadline for the Next Volume:
June 15, 2018